„Many cultures, one technology. Robotics as a platform to exchange experience during the common action”
Meeting in PORTUGAL - Abação (Guimarães), 11th - 16th November 2013
- David Aneas Guerrero
- Jeronimo Godoy
- Miquel Martorell Amengual
- Aleksander Patschek
- Andrzej Planetorz
- Krzysztof Kilian
- Michał Kowolik
- Robert Peter
- Andrea De Luna
- Dario Fumagalli
- Roberto Di Benedetto
- Jurgita Bakanaite
- Vilte Adomaityte
- Kristo Toots
- Venno Leidorp
- Ester Martínez Luceno
- Maria José Baena Morata
- María Montserrat Cueto García
- Grzegorz Postrzech
- Paweł Pawleta
- Anna Stefania Boschetti
- Maurizio Conti
- Dainius Levanas
- Ieva Bastiene
- Ruta Krikstopaitiene
- Lauri Vilibert
- Anu Rannus
- Transfer of Lithuanian students from Porto to Guimarães.
- Transfer of Polish students from Porto to Guimarães.
- Transfer of Estonian students from Porto to Guimarães.
- Transfer of Spanish students from Porto to Guimarães.
- Transfer of Italian students from Porto to Guimarães.
- Welcome dinner.
- Welcome at school (agenda, kick-off meeting with students and teachers).
- Fair land products
- Lessons with the students (students learn Portuguese culture and traditions thanks to participation in socio-cultural activities led by teachers of Portuguese, English, history, civics, geography and sport).
- Lunch at school.
- Robotics block - discovering, testing, writing programs and building robots to use the “sound sensor”. Learn to acquire information from the "ear" of the robot and writing software to make it acting on the basis of the sound detected.
- Lecture about robotics led by a person from University of Minho, Robotics department. Scientifics work in various areas such as industrial robotics, autonomous robotics, graphics simulation of robots and automation in general.
- Visit to Braga - one of the oldest Christian cities in the World: Sameiro, Bom Jesus, Elevator, Historic center.
- Sightseeing and visiting cultural places of Guimarães - UNESCO World Heritage site in 2001 and the European Capital of Culture in 2012): Historic Center (peddy paper), Palace of the Dukes, Castle.
- Visit to Porto.
- Cruise on the Douro River.
- Visit to Cellars of Port Wine.
- City Tour.
- Discution about science and etics. Presentation of a study about Religion and Technology. Students get to know the history of Christianity (not only in Portugal). Discussion on the role of religion, Creator (God) nowadays, cloning, advanced medicine pros and cons – the group of students makes an article as a summary).
- Rising Penha mountain
- Robotics block - discussion about the possibilities of the use of the “sound sensor” itself. Planning and building robots to use both touch and sound sensor at the same time. Students work together and present Robotics results to other students and to teachers. The older and younger students share ideas.
- Free evening.
- Transfer of Estonian students/teachers from Guimarães to Porto.
- Transfer of Italian students/teachers from Guimarães to Porto.
- Transfer of Polish students/teachers from Guimarães to Porto.
- Transfer of Lithuanian students/teachers from Guimarães to Porto.
- Transfer of Spanish students/teachers from Guimarães to Porto.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the
Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the
information contained therein.